“With a mixture of adventure and self-realization, trekking in Bhutan is an experience of a lifetime!”
Those who want thrill and excitement in their life and want to be adventurous, trekking in Bhutan is the best way to indulge yourself!
Perched on the lap of the Himalayas, this place on Earth is the hidden paradise of all time. It has the best weather, the heartwarming atmosphere, picture-perfect mountains that will blow your senses.
So, what are you waiting for? Book now before the crowds arrive. Get ready for travel to Bhutan for trekking.
Before you start your adventure, here is why you should plan!!
With a million reasons to tell, here are some of the perfect excuses you can give:
- One of the ten global biodiversity hotspots
- Culturally and spiritually rich
- Friendly people and welcoming hospitality
- Hosting colorful and unique festivals
- Breathtaking mountains, valleys, and monasteries
Perfect trekking time
Bhutan Trekking seasons- Spring and Autumn
However, it is perfect plan to travel to Bhutan for trekking between March to May and September to November. The temperature ranges from 20C to -10C. The days are brighter and warmer, the nights are colder.
- Comfortable Trekking Boots
- Warm jacket and gloves
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and other necessities
- Sleeping bag
- Water Bottle
- Rain gears
- First-aid Kit
- Snacks and chocolates
Unforgettable trekking tour
Adding to the uniqueness of trekking in Bhutan, here we are to know about the various treks located here.
Travel to Bhutan for trekking takes you through the route of Bhonte La Pass and Takhung La Pass. The annual Jhomolhari Mountain Festival is the best time.
- Duration: 8-day trek
- Highlights: Offering mind-blowing views of Mount Jhomolhari
- Elevation: 16,400 feet
Without any doubt, it is one of the best treks in Bhutan. The trail has 11 passes which are best for a challenging adventurer.
- Duration: 25 days
- Highlights: Mainly ideal for experienced hikers
- Elevation: 23,000 feet
Punakha Winter Trek
One of the easiest trekking routes in Bhutan, it is a perfect start for beginners. The trail starts from Thimphu and ends in Punakha valley.
- Duration: 4 days
- Highlights: Mesmerizing views of Phajoding Monastery and Sinchula Pass
- Elevation: 11,150 feet
- Dagala Thousand Lakes Trek
This challenging trek in Bhutan will take you up to the mountains. It will also offer some capturing views of Mt. Kanchenjunga and Mt. Everest.
- Duration: 6-day trek
- Highlights: Witness some of the beautiful alpine lakes
- Elevation: 14,000 feet
Bumthang Owl Trek
If you want to experience a little more about what trekking is in Bhutan but short of time, then Bumthang Owl Trek is for you!
- Duration: 3 days
- Highlights: Offering an authentic feel and a sneak peek into the culture
- Elevation: 13,210 feet
Druk Path Trek
It is a great trek giving a good sight into the trekking adventure. If you want to learn about trekking skills, then Druk Path is the ideal choice.
- Duration: 3 days
- Highlights: Offers the gorgeous views of Mt. Gangkar Puensum
- Elevation: 11,480 feet
Tips before trekking
- Get yourself medically checked
- Carry your own trekking gear
- Carry a medical kit
- Stay hydrated
- Check the weather forecast
- Stay with your group
- Do not trek alone
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Keep yourself covered and warm
Write your own Adventure Story
With the most beautiful surroundings, trekking in Bhutan is worth experiencing adventure. Share your joyful moments with us, we would love to read them!